It’s not often you get an offer for something fun and free. I think you’ll like this mix…Ensembles and Mixed Quartets. And for another Quartetting opportunity, we have the first major rule changes in four years. Know somebody who might qualify? Check it out…
- New Quartet Contest Rules
- Mixed Quartets
New Quartet Contest Rules
Very Large Quartet (VLQ, Ensemble) Contest
VLQs must be all male, from 5-11 members. Again, there will be a two-song set. Stay tuned for more information and signup procedures.
Mixed Quartet Contest
Our European affiliates have been doing it for years. They are also springing up in BHS Districts across the country. What is it? Mixed Quartets! The Carolinas District is pleased to invite you to its first Mixed Quartet Contest on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
- Anyone can enter.
- Those wishing to qualify for BinG! must be registered with the Mixed Harmony Barbershop Association.
- Competing ensembles must have 4 singers. (The personnel can be mixed in any combination; 1 and 3 or 2 and 2).
- Application must be completed by October 14, 2018
- Repertoire must include two contestable barbershop arrangements.
- All performances should be conducted in front of area mics or performed acoustically. There will not be an opportunity for individual handheld microphones to be utilized at the Festival.
Why Mixed Quartets?
Mixed Quartetting brings another dimension to barbershop. Not only is it embracing the concept of inclusion, it allows for different interpretation and artistic expression in the performance of our favorite songs.
Give it a try. Click here to apply. Go down in history as a competitor in the CAROLINAS new Mixed Quartet Contest. Award plaques will also be presented to each finalist.