What, haven’t booked your room at the Marriott City Center yet? You need to do that first so you can get a discount on your registration. Click Here to go back and book your room. Then return here.
Thank you! Now that you’ve book your room, you’re ready for the second step: Getting your registration.
Registration will cover the main Barbershopping activities at Fall Festival:
- the Quartet Contest on Friday night – The top ten quartets qualifying this Spring compete for the District Championship. Also new this Fall is the qualifying of the Seniors Chorus representative from the Carolinas District for the MidWinter convention.
- the Saturday Classes – Classes are scheduled Saturday morning covering the hot new topics featured at Harmony University: Bel Canto Buzz, Sing to the Ring, Strategic Vision, and AHSOW Woodshedding. Stayed tuned for a complete syllabus and enrollment.
- open Coaching Sessions – Coaching sessions will be scheduled throughout the day for quartets and ensembles. These are open and free of charge for those groups that have signed up for these events. Some may be open for watching the coaches at work.
- open Master Class sessions – The top four choruses are invited to participate in Festival to receive coaching from our distinguished panel of judges and perform in the Saturday Night Showcase. The coaching sessions with the judges are the Master Class sessions and are open to registrants to observe the coaches in action. Receiving coaching this year are the Carolinas Vocal Express, the Heart of Carolina A Cappella, the Triad Harmony Express and the Palmetto Vocal Project.
- Saturday Night Showcase – is now included with your registration! Experience the top District choruses and quartets in a two-hour show that will make you laugh and touch you as only barbershop can. Experience the return of the Collegiate Challenge. So on with the Show!
But Wait, there’s more…
It’s a good idea to first figure out all the activities you want to do before you move on to registration because the next step will take you directly to payment. Once you are there, you can’t easily go back and add something in you forgot. It can be done, but you’ll need to reenter the Registration system with a different email address. OK?
Here’s some of the great activities you will want to consider and sign up for when you register:
Thursday, November 9
- the Fall Festival Jamboree – Experience a kickoff show. A great deal for $25
- the Harmony Brigade – Practice new repertoire with your Brigade Buds or just sing through some old favorites.
Start your Festival weekend with the Fall Festival Jamboree on Thursday, November 9. Begin with a dinner at Brewery Bhavana, named a finalist in Bon Appetit’s 10 best new restaurants in America. The downtown Raleigh brewery, flower shop, book store and dim sum restaurant caught the attention of the magazine and website, which hailed its “bright, light and cheery” vibe. The Jamboree features Avante, a vocal jazz ensemble and our favorite Heart of Carolina and General Assembly choruses. Expect to see some mixed voices and a special preview of the upcoming Barbershop Revival. And as if this weren’t enough, your ticket to the show gets you $5 off your Festival registration. Tickets are $25.
Want another reason to come to Raleigh on Thursday? Straight No Chaser is performing at DPAC. Tickets are $75-$300 and may be ordered through Ticketmaster.
Friday, November 10 (Activities are booked back-to-back with no overlap so you can do all without schedule conflict.)
- the North Carolina Museum of Art (NCMA).- The Whitehorse Mercedes van leaves from the lobby at 10am and takes you to the renowned West Building for highlights of the permanent exhibit. A museum docent is your guide and will make sure you get back in time for our next tour. $15.
- The Museum of Natural Sciences is right after lunch from 1-3pm. Again, our Whitehorse Mercedes van picks you up at the Marriott lobby at 1pm and takes you to the museum where you can explore seven floors of interactive exhibit spaces that span two city blocks, courtesy of the largest natural history museum in the Southeast. From dinosaurs to dioramas, from microbes to meteorites, our exhibitions offer something for everyone. Our Whitehorse Mercedes van will pick you up at the Marriott at 1pm for your tour and return you to the Marriott at 3pm. $10.
- Trolley Pub Downtown. At 3pm, climb aboard a 14-person pedal powered trolley on wheels, with a certified Trolley Pub conductor in the captain’s seat. Perfect for pub crawls, we’ll take you downtown and stop at three spots for about 15-20 minutes at each.These stops will vary based on your requests and the driver’s discretion but usually include the Raleigh Times, Calavera, and the Flying Saucer. We’ll pick you up at the Marriott at 3pm and drop you off at our Davies St. office for the short walk back. $40.
- the Presidents’ Circle Reception – Once you’re back, freshen up and head for the President’s Circle Reception at 6pm in the North Hallway of the Raleigh Convention Center. Meet your District officers in a casual setting. Then join us in rooms 306AB for…
- the Presidents’ Circle Dinner at 6:30pm. Your choice of entree comes with a Spring mix salad (red and yellow pear tomatoes, radishes, carrot curls and croutons, with sherry vinaigrette) and Bourbon Pecan Pie. When you register, choose Buttermilk Breast of Chicken, Fried, with creamy pan gravy, garlic whipped mashed potatoes OR the vegan Jambalaya, with tomatoes, peppers, onions and tofu over steamed long grain rice. $25 plus service fee and tax
At 7:30pm, the Carolinas District Quartet Contest gets underway. See the top ten perform their three-song set: two for the judges, one for YOU! Judge which one is the most entertaining! Returning for 2017 is our Seniors Chorus, the Carolina Statesmen. Cap off the evening at 10pm with the Afterglow. Entrance included with registration. Cash Bar.
Saturday, November 11 is yours to learn, sing and enjoy Raleigh. Learn what’s going on at the 8am General Session and get your voices warmed up for
- the the 11 am Mass Sing at Barbershop in the Park. FREE
- Marbles Kids Museum-IMAX Tour – Pack up the family for a lunch in the Zanzibar B room and tour of the Kids Museum. Our Whitehorse Mercedes van picks you up at the Marriott lobby at 11:30am and returns you to the Marriott at 1pm. $22
- Capitol Tour – Tour the historic Capitol building, where the NC state legislature met. Did you know the Capitol is the second building on this site? In 1792, Raleigh was established as North Carolina’s permanent seat of government. A simple, two-story brick State House was built on Union Square between 1792 and 1796. Learn more on a docent led tour, Our Whitehorse Mercedes van picks you up at the Marriott lobby at 1pm and returns you to the Marriott at 3pm. $10
- Trolley Pub Glenwood. Miss the Trolley Pub on Friday? Don’t fret. At 3pm, climb aboard the 14-person pedal-powered trolley on wheels, with a certified Trolley Pub conductor in the captain’s seat for a pub crawl down Glenwood South and stop at three spots for about 15-20 minutes at each.These stops will vary based on your requests and the driver’s discretion, but are all great. We’ll pick you up at the Marriott at 3pm and drop you off at our Davies St. office for the short walk back. $40.
- Or you may wish to stay at Barbershop in the Park and hear more quartets, or return to the Raleigh Convention Center to attend Classes or receive Coaching. Speaking of classes, we’v e revamped the offerings to include two hot new topics: the Bel Canto Buzz and Sing to the Ring. Drill down deeper and give feedback on our Strategic Vision with Dusty Schleier. A must see is the new Youth and Mixed Quartet Contests or the CVE Master Class.
- Saturday Night Banquet – Conveniently connected to the headquarters Raleigh Marriott City Center, The Raleigh Convention Center is again our host for the Saturday Night Showcase. Enjoy a banquet dinner in a ballroom setting at this first-rate facility . Dinner includes freshly baked rolls, baby wedge salad (slivered red onions, shaved carrots, crispy pancetta bacon, oven-dried tomatoes, Ranch dressing) and Black and White Trio (White mocha mousse, dark and white chocolate cheesecake, black and white mini cupcake) dessert, freshly-brewed Rainforest Alliance coffee, decaffeinated coffee and unsweetened ice tea to compliment your choice of entrée. Choose the Moroccan Seared Salmon, Mediterranean Roasted Chicken with vegetable medley and orzo or Roasted Vegetable Napoleon. $40Oh, did I mention the show? No extra fee…it is now included with your registration! Experience the top District choruses and quartets in a two-hour show that will make you laugh and touch you as only barbershop can. Experience the return of the Collegiate Challenge. So come for the food, fun and fellowship. Show included in registration.
From 10pm on, complete your barbershop experience with tags and private performances in the Hospitality Suites, all conveniently located in the Raleigh Convention Center. Make music. Make friends. Make Memories–for a lifetime!
Fall Festival – It’s not just a contest anymore!
Now that’s quite a line-up. Picked your activities? Ready to Register? Here we go.