February 15, 2022
The Board of Directors has adopted the following guidelines for Carolinas Barbershop Harmony indoor events:
- All attendees will be required to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 in order to attend. Exemptions are provided with a negative test within 72-hours prior to arriving on-site at the event.
- An attendee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks (14 days) after they have completed either the second dose in a two-dose series (i.e.. Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca) or after a single-dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine. We will also accept a mix of two of the above vaccines (i.e. one dose of Moderna and one dose of Pfizer vaccines). Attendees should complete their final vaccine by Mar 18, 2022, to be considered fully vaccinated for the 2022 NSC Spring Convention.
- We will accept World Health Organization (WHO)-approved vaccines, plus vaccines authorized or approved by the national health authority of the country where it was administered.
- Any attendee needing an exemption will need to show proof of a negative COVID test (molecular, PCR or antigen). Test must be taken no more than 72 hours prior to picking up credentials.
- All events (including afterglows and informal gatherings) will be strictly limited to registered attendees.
- All attendees must wear masks in all indoor locations at NSC sanctioned events (for example, Convention contest or shows, training sessions, and afterglows). Mask must be well-fitted, tight-knit cloth or surgical paper covering the mouth and nose. Performers will be able to sing without masks on stage and in the warm-up rooms.
NOTE – CDC and state guidelines are dynamic and subject to updates based on new or better knowledge. This policy is subject to change. Any future changes will be communicated as soon as possible and will be updated here.
(*) CDC recommends surgical N95 mask or non-valved, multi-layer cloth masks. Another option is the Resonance Singer’s Mask.