The Carolinas District of the Barbershop Harmony Society is pleased to announce its first fully dedicated Youth Quartet Contest to be held November 11, 2017, in Raleigh, NC.
- Open to all singers under 26 years of age at the time of the competition.
- All singers should reside within the boundaries of the Carolinas District of the Barbershop Harmony Society and/or have clear connections to a chapter of the Carolinas District.
- The Carolinas District comprises North and South Carolina and the greater Savannah, Georgia region.
- Membership in the Barbershop Harmony Society, Sweet Adelines International, Harmony Incorporated, or the Mixed Barbershop Harmony Association is not required.
- Quartets must sing 4-part a cappella arrangements in the barbershop style
- Quartets can be all-male, all-female, or mixed (any combination).
- Quartets will be classified by age:
- If one or more more singers is 19 years of age or older, but not exceeding 25 years of age, the quartet shall be classified as a Senior Varsity Quartet
- If one or more singers is 14 years of age or older and no singer in the quartet is over the age of 18, the quartet shall be classified as a Varsity Quartet.
- If all singers in the quartet are 13 years of age or younger, the quartet shall be classified as a Junior Varsity Quartet.
- Deadline for contest registration is October 13, 2017.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $40.00 must accompany the completed registration form.
- In addition to plaques or medals (TBD), cash prizes will be awarded to the top three scoring competitors in each division.
- $400 first place award; $200 second place award; $100 third place award.
The highest scoring quartet in each category will be invited to sing on the Show of Champions that evening.
Questions? Contact a committee member:
Dr William Adams
VP Youth in Harmony and Outreach
Rex Partlow, Youth Quartet Contest Administrator
VP Music and Performance
Robert Johns, Executive VP
VP Contests and Judging